Visit us on Hyena Cart

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Plant Based Spinach Artichoke Dip

*Insert your best whiny voice here*
But Melissa....I don't want to go Plant Based....there's never anything delicious to eat!
*Insert my best mom voice*
You clearly haven't been eating over at the Hive.

:-)

Give me a holler and we'll set an extra place at the table with your name on it!  I'm not promising that there will be any food left over for you - especially if I make this dip.  I made it yesterday on a whim and I seriously ate 3/4 of it myself.  I'm not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed.  Maybe both? :-)

I think it's even better than this Spinach Dip I made last year.  Last year's was great too, but you know how when you eat a bunch of rich, cheesy food you feel just - ugh?  Well, after eating all that I did yesterday the only feeling I had was gratitude. :)

Give this one a try - as a favor to me!  I want to hear what you think! I LOVE that I can actually taste all of the vegetables yet it has that creamy comfort food feeling!


Plant Based Spinach Artichoke Dip
What's In It:
3/4c raw cashews (not soaked)
3/4 c almond milk
3 T lemon juice
1/2 T minced garlic
1/2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1/2 t yellow mustard
1 can artichokes, drained
1 jar roasted red peppers, drained
3 c spinach leaves

What To Do With It:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Blend cashews, milk, juice, garlic, mustard, and seasonings in a high powered blender.

In a food processor, pulse artichokes, peppers, and spinach (my spinach wasn't pulsing the way I wanted, so I just tore my spinach into smaller pieces by hand).  Do not completely puree!

Mix milk mixture with veggies.  Bake in an 8x8 (or equivalent) baking dish for 17-20 minutes or until it is bubbly and the edges are getting a little browned.

Serve with bread, veggies, or crackers.


No comments:

Post a Comment