Visit us on Hyena Cart

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Check In

I posted this picture on Facebook last night and it is just really near to my heart right now.
If you'd like to read about our decision to switch from primal to plant based you can check out this post from the beginning of April.   Once my (typical and yet ridiculous) concerns about protein were addressed, I was 100% on board.  I mean how can eating more plants be bad? :)

I would say that we stick to eating plant based about 85-90% of the time.  There have been a few occasions where we've made some meat from our freezer, ordered a pizza, or went out for ice cream - but definitely less frequently than the 1x per week we were planning on when we started.

It has now been 2 1/2 months since we started and I have lost over 15 pounds and my blood pressure has gone from 130/80 to 102/70.  I feel fantastic, my skin looks fantastic, I am never hungry and this is by no means a "diet".  We eat AMAZING foods!  The reclaimed produce definitely helps to make it a cheaper way of eating, but we are so blessed that we actually get more produce than we can eat and share it with not one but at least two different families! :)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we are still living Plant Strong here at the Hive and LOVING IT!!!

Now...I'm out to the garden to take some pics for all of you beautiful people!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment