Visit us on Hyena Cart

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Are you ready for June's Garden Pics?!

What?!  Another post of garden pictures?  Yup....you better believe it.  It's 0900 and Te-Man is still sleeping.  I can't believe it.  I am here typing with a nice hot cup of coffee and 2 dogs curled up at my feet - flowers blooming, garden growing, birds chirping (but not eating my tomatoes)....a full day of canning ahead of me.  Life is GOOD!!!

I thought this was a post about garden pictures? :)  Here ya go. :)

Sweet corn and sunflowers
1st Bell Pepper of the year!
 Banana Peppers
 Tomatoes! I decided I didn't want to have to buy 40 tomato cages and I procrastinated too long to have time to make my own, so we went with fencing stakes and para cord.  It is working wonderfully! Well, except for the Sun Gold Cherry tomatoes, but nothing can contain those crazy tomato plants, I had them as tall as my garage gutters one year!
 Cauliflower
 Beets and cucumbers
 Jalapenos
 Jalapenos
 Cauliflower
 Limas! and the Okra is still there on the left as well
 Onions!
 Radishes, kale, and carrots
 Lettuce, Kale, and Radishes
 Candy Roaster Pumpkins, lemon balms, sage, lavender, collards
 Tomatoes, jalapenos, cabbage
 Candy Roaster Pumpkins, mint, rosemary, thyme, lettuce
 Candy Roaster
 Peppers, Lettuce
 
 Kale, Basil, Thai Basil, and Chocolate Mint
 A Candy Roaster!!!
 Thank you Mr. Bee
 Lemon Grass (I re-rooted these from some lemon grass I bought at the farmers market.  I just placed them in a glass of water for about 2 weeks, changing the water every other day, then planted them in the pot, kept them moist, and WOW!)
 More Lemon Grass
 A lonely tomato of unknown variety....I just couldn't throw him away.
 I harvested my onions! Not as many as I'd hoped, but still a good showing for my first year and growing in the cruddiest soil ever.  Well, not ever, but compared to what I'm used to, I pretty much just walked up and planted these on sand dune.  
 My garlic...drying on my front porch like I'm all uncivilized and such.  None of the neighbors have complained...maybe that's because I am keeping them steadily supplied with radishes and tomatoes. :)

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my garden! I would like to take a minute and personally thank Wolverine for putting up with my craziness....the constant dirt under my fingernails, the constant weird green hand prints on our back door and muddy footprints in the kitchen, the plants, seeds, and seedlings that always seem to be EVERYWHERE in our house and yard.  For never complaining that I bought another plant or more dirt or more seeds, etc etc etc.  For listening to my constant crazy plans for the garden or what I want to do next year, or fretting over the weather....I think the delicious bowls and bowls of fresh veggies that come in from the garden on a daily basis make it worth it for him, but a good thank you never hurts either. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment