Visit us on Hyena Cart

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Chocolate Hazelnut Spread

Can you believe that I have never had Nutella?  I don't quite know how that's possible, but it is.  And I can not believe what I have been missing out on all these years! :)

I whipped up a batch of this Friday and WOW it is amazing!  It took a little longer than normal because Te-Man was eating the hazelnuts as fast as I could roast them. :)  But once I got a little more focused, it whipped up super fast.  This will be a reoccurring treat around here for sure.  Friday night, Wolverine and I enjoyed a little bit spread on top of a granola bar and Wolverine almost didn't get any. ;)

Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
What's In It:
5.3oz hazelnuts
5.3oz dark chocolate, melted
1/2 c powdered sugar
1 T powdered dark cocoa
1 T oil
1 t vanilla
pinch salt

What To Do With It:
Toast nuts over medium-low heat for about 10-12 minutes.  Be sure to stir them or shake the pan often to prevent them from burning.  Rub the hazelnuts together in your hands until all (or most if you have my patience) of the skins are removed.  If there are a few with really stubborn skins, toss them back onto the stove for a bit longer.

Process hazelnuts in a food processor, then add oil and melted chocolate.  Process til smooth, then add remaining ingredients and process until mixture resembles a smooth paste.

Add more oil if necessary (I probably had to add another 1/2-1 T of oil, but my food processor is not the strongest).  Do not add water.

Eat it on everything. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment