Visit us on Hyena Cart

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Whoa! Reclaimed Produce is CRAZY!

So I haven't been very good about taking pictures of the reclaimed produce.  Things just got busy and I just got....well not lazy....but busy doing other things and arranging produce nicely on my table was just not at the top of my priority list.  I think you guys will forgive me?

We have been picking it up twice a week every week - unless we are out of town.  And I can not even begin to tally the hundreds of dollars we have saved!  Look at all the produce I hauled in yesterday!

It was so heavy that twice people asked me if I needed help getting it into/out of my car and I had to haul it into the house in our wagon!

I am currently listening to the peppers being pickled in my canner, I am cooking black beans (with the onions) in my slow cooker for black bean and corn salsa (to use up the red and orange peppers), the potatoes are boiled for German Potato Salad, the pickles and green onions are waiting to be sliced.  The grapes, strawberries, and cantaloupe are half gone already, the broccoli will be going into some stir fry with some squash, and the spinach will be blended to be added to smoothies and what not.

What am I going to do with all that squash though?  Have a recipe I can't live without because I feel like I can live without yellow squash. haha. :)

Have you reclaimed any produce?


No comments:

Post a Comment