Visit us on Hyena Cart

Friday, April 26, 2013

First Harvest of the 2013!

YAHOO!!!

The vegetable are starting to come in!  Yesterday, Te-Man and I picked the first radish of the year!  I am so blessed that I get to share this amazing time with my kids and teach them about gardening and how exciting it is to pick your dinner from your yard! :)

I had him help me pull it, wash it.....

He wasn't so sure at first....

But we sat down and I took a bite and then he said "Eat it?" and got after it. :)

He even went back for more - I bet he ate 2/3 of it.
Then yesterday afternoon we were up in my bedroom making my bed after I'd washed the sheets and he looked out the window and pointed to the garden and said, "Plants.....eat it?".  :)  YAY!

I know I owe you all pictures of the garden - it just seems like I always have something to do instead and when I finally get around to it, it's too late in the day and the shadows make the lighting terrible.

Will try this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment