Visit us on Hyena Cart

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Plant Based Ranch Dressing

I found this fantastic recipe over at My Whole Food Life.  She has some great stuff over there - you should stop by and check her out!

I did mix up the spices and herbs a bit to make it more like the ranch dressing I so much enjoyed pre-plant based, but boy was I skeptical about the pureed cashews....I mean really?  That's just weird, right?

Nope.  Not weird.  Tasty.

Tasty on fresh veggies, potato wedges, even in some potato salad! :)

Plant Based Ranch Dressing
What's In It:
1 c cashews
1/4 c almond milk
1 t garlic*
3 T parsley*
1/2 t onion powder*
1 t dill*
3 T white vinegar
salt to taste

What To Do With It:
Soak the cashews in water for at least 6 hours, then drain and rinse.

Place the cashews into a blender and add just enough water to blend properly.  I added maybe 1/3 c, then a smidge more.  Blend until smooth.

Add spices and vinegar, then salt to taste.


I made this dressing with the spice amounts listed above and I have also made it using my pre-made ranch powder that I keep in the cabinet.  If you'd rather use the pre-made powder, just start with a tablespoon and add to taste.  I did find that when I used my pre-made powder, I had to add a little salt to get the flavor right - but the cashews I used were unsalted, so be sure to try it first!

Ranch Powder Recipe
What's In It:
2 c parsley
1/2 c minced dried onion
1 T dill weed
1/4 c onion powder
1/4 c garlic salt
1/4 c garlic powder

What To Do With It:
Blend in coffee grinder. Store in an airtight container.

1 comment: