Visit us on Hyena Cart

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Summer Salad

I got some free portabellas in a reclaimed produce box and what better way to eat them than as a burger!?  So to go with our mushroom burgers, I made some delicious potato salad and some of this fresh summer salad.

Wolverine LOVES this stuff.  Anytime I ask him what he wants to have, he says Lima Bean and Corn Salad. :)  I just figured that since I also make this with zucchini on occasion, calling it Lima Bean Salad just wouldn't do. :)




Summer Salad
What's In It*:
2 c corn (the sweeter the better)
1 c lima bean or diced zucchini**
1 c tomatoes, diced
2/3 c cilantro, chopped
1/2 lrg onion, thinly sliced
1 T dijon mustard
2 T basalmic or white vinegar
2 limes, juiced
1/2 t pepper
1 t garlic salt

What To Do With It:
Mix all ingredients together and allow to chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

*I did measure everything out when making this recipe the first time, but the recipe is really forgiving - so I really don't measure much anymore.  I grab a couple of handfuls of lima beans out of the bag in the freezer and a quart size bag of  corn, then grab a couple of tomatoes, and a large handful of cilantro.  This summer, when my peppers are going gang busters in the garden, you can bet your britches I'll be throwing in a pepper or two as well. :)
**If you are using canned Lima Beans, just rinse and go.  If you are using frozen or dry.  Be sure to cook them enough to soften them - you don't want to be biting into a hard lima!
If you're going with the zucchini, just dice it and use it raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment