Visit us on Hyena Cart

Monday, April 15, 2013

WHOA! Where has the time gone?

Can you believe I haven't posted in just over a month?  That is crazy and wow I have missed you guys!

Things around here have been so hectic - keeping up with Te-Man, helping Wolverine maneuver through life in pain and with only one wing, and keeping tabs on Ze-Ra. :)  We've gone on a few incredibly fun outings, the Super Parents came to visit, and I also have my entire garden planted - ye haw!  I'll be posting pics this week for sure!

Also over the past 2 months - I have lost 10 pounds!  WHAT?!  I am so excited....if I'm being honest that's only about 1/3 of what I want to lose, but I'd be content with only losing 10 more. :)

Also, we are now embarking on our third week of eating a plant based diet.  This is probably an entire post all on it's own - but we really feel like it's the best choice and have been really happy and feel great!

Wolverine has not been medically cleared to drive yet, so I am his chauffeur - taking him to work and all of his appointments. :)  So I'd better run and get things together for today.  I'm trying to get a batch of grape nuts and a batch of tweaked graham crackers made this morning before we head to Ft. Jackson this afternoon.

I hope you all had a WONDERFUL weekend and are ready to start a great week! :)

2 comments:

  1. Grape Nuts? Recipe?
    We fell off the plant-based diet wagon, but I'm ready to jump right back on. I can really feel the difference. Keep me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorinda - Hello! :) Here is the link to the original grape nuts post: http://hiveofthehoneybee.blogspot.com/2013/01/homemade-grape-nuts.html
      I am going to do a post on making it plant based this week, but I thought I'd include it here for you. ;)
      I have recently been using almond milk instead of dairy and I have been using 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour and 2 c oat flour instead of white.
      I usually use a heaping half cup of brown sugar.
      I have also found that I need to up the vanilla to 3 t.
      Good luck and let me know if you like it!
      LOVE eating plant based - this is our second time and it just makes you feel so amazing - we're sticking to it for good, I hope!

      Delete