Visit us on Hyena Cart

Friday, April 19, 2013

Sweet Potato Chili

WOW!  I've been making this chili for over a year and (I know I say this a lot) every time I make it, I think to myself.....why don't I make this more often?!  It is delicious!

It is chock full of vegetables and tastes fantastic!  If you want to add meat I could see chicken, beef, or venison working well, but give it a try as is first....you might be surprised! :)

I whipped this up in less than 10 minutes on Saturday to take over to Wiley Kat's house for an impromptu chili dinner. :)  Not too shabby for 10 minutes! :)

Sweet Potato Chili
What's In It:
2 sweet potatoes, diced
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 c corn*
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, diced
2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can kidney beans (or 1 1/2 c soaked beans)
2 T chili powder
1 T smoked paprika
1 t salt
1 1/2 c water
1/2 c orange juice**

What To Do With It:

Slow Cooker Version:
Throw everything into the slow cooker and mix well.
Cook on Low 6-8 hours or High 3-4

Stove Top Version:
Throw everything into a pot and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to strong simmer and allow to cook for 2 hours or until vegetable are tender.


*I use corn that I freeze myself, but I think any kind would work here.
**I've made this using orange juice or lime juice. Both are delicious!  If you don't have either, water could be used instead....but it just won't be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment