Visit us on Hyena Cart

Friday, February 8, 2013

Blackberry Custard Pie

I was always wary of rhubarb custard pie when I was a kid.  I was never quite sure if I liked it.  I would think I did and then the next bite I did not....but it was so good....no...not really.  And on and on it went.  You wanna know what I eventually started doing?  Picking out all of the rhubarb and eating it and then having just the glorious custard and crust left behind. :)
Now...as an adult, this seems rather an unacceptable behavior - but I do not wish to live a life without custard.  So - switch up the fruit and life is GRAND!

You can make this pie with Rhubarb, Blackberries, Raspberries, even Apricots.  If you do make it with Rhubarb I would suggest upping the sugar a bit (but that's your call).

Will you pick the fruit out or eat it all at once? :)


Blackberry Custard Pie
What's In It:
3 c blackberries
1/4 c sugar
3 eggs
1 c milk
2 t flour
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
9" pie crust

What To Do With It:
Combine blackberries with 1/4 c sugar and place in bottom of a 9" pie crust.
Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over berries.
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes and then 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until custard is set.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this recipe - how simple and classic. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete