Visit us on Hyena Cart

Friday, February 15, 2013

Toasted Ham Sandwich

I can't just go out to a sub shop and grab a sandwich anytime I want to....and boy do I WANT to, but not badly enough to do it I guess.  Does that mean I'm doomed to a life of boring sandwiches from home?  Certainly not!

I stumbled upon a spiral ham at the organic market and I grabbed that baby up like I was in a timed shopping contest.  I seriously forgot to get 2 different things because I was so excited to get checked out and home. :)

Another random fact you might not know about me....I am addicted to banana peppers.  I'm kinda like the Frank's Red Hot Lady....I could put them on everything. Pizza, burgers, sandwiches, roasts, tacos, enchiladas, nachos, my fork.  :)

Well, this sandwich was so good, I was sad when I was done eating it. :)

Toasted Ham Sandwich

What's In It:
Hoagie or French Bread
Sliced Ham
Cheese*
Onions 
Cole Slaw
Banana Peppers

What To Do With It:
Slice bread lengthwise to desired size.  Slice in half horizontally. And lay open face on a baking dish.
Place meat on bread, top with onions, then cheese.
Do not put the top on the sandwich, instead, leave it open faced.  
Toast in a 375 degree F oven for 8-10 minutes or so, until the cheese is melted and the "naked" half of the bread is toasted as desired.
Top with banana peppers and cole slaw.

I served mine with some jalapeno kettle chips and some fresh veggies and it was AMAZING!

*I used Muenster

No comments:

Post a Comment