Visit us on Hyena Cart

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies - Challenge 2013 Recipe #9

This might have nothing to do with anything any of you care about, but do you know the BATTLE I have had to wage to get my daughter into girl scouts at the last two places we have lived?  It has taken months of phone calls, emails, voice-mails (some of which I must admit I started to lose my manners during), I even showed up at the office.  And after all of that, she is currently on a waiting list with 500?! other girls to get into a troop. :(

It is ridiculous!  I can tell you one thing, if I hadn't had the world's greatest girl scout leader when I was in scouts, I would not be trying this hard - I want Ze-Ra to have what I had, while she still wants it.  She has had a few good years and made some AMAZING memories at camp - one year she went for 5 weeks of overnight camp (did I tell you the one time I went to the overnight camp, I cried so hard my parents had to come get me after less than 24 hours?! - Who knew that this "I'm going to move to New York when I grow up" girl is really just a big momma's girl and now all she wants is to live a farm across a pasture from my parents with some chickens, cows, and goats with about 10 kids running around?!?!?!)

Whew - okay....back to the point.  Girl Scout Cookies.  Specifically Do-Si-Do's.....I can, and have, eaten an entire box in one day.  Oh one or two here....a few more with lunch, etc.  You know the drill.  But $4 a box and Ze-Ra isn't in scouts right now and I haven't tracked one down to buy cookies from.....so next best thing (actually better) - MAKE YOUR OWN!

WOW!  I mean they are a little bigger than I'd like, so I'm going to play with the size, but the taste is spot on....in fact, even a little better if I do say so myself. :)


The link takes to you the recipe, it is free, but you do have to sign up for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment