Visit us on Hyena Cart

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Slow Cooker Italian Dressing Chicken

One of my favorite ways to eat chicken is to marinate it all day in Italian dressing and then grill it.  I don't mind if it is boneless skinless breasts, legs, or shish-ka-bobs.  I will be much obliged to eat them all. :)

We still haven't gotten a new bbq grill (after our last one caught fire a few years back) and so, I can not even remember the last time I had my beloved chicken.

Then, I ran across this recipe on Pinterest and I thought - why didn't I think of that?!

So, I changed it a bit, but here it is....so juicy and flavorful!  I think next time I might throw it under the broiler for a few minutes just before we eat it so I can have the amazing charred bits that I love! :)

Slow Cooker Italian Dressing Chicken
What's In It:
2 large chicken breasts
2 c Italian dressing

What To Do With It:
Pour dressing into the slow cooker.  Add the chicken, turning to coat.  Cook on low 6-8 hours.

We served the breasts whole with mashed potatoes and roasted green beans.  I think if you shredded it, or cut the breasts horizontally into thin layers, it would make some tasty Italian Chicken sandwiches with mozzarella cheese! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment