Visit us on Hyena Cart

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cole Slaw

I may or may not be a cole slaw fanatic!  I have have been known to have more cole slaw on my plate than any other item.  It is just amazing!  I love the crunch and the coolness and the tang. YUM!  I make a few different kinds, but this one is my definite favorite and my normal go-to recipe.

Cole Slaw
What's In It:
1 c Duke's Mayo (Helman's will do in a pinch)
3 T Apple Cider Vinegar
1 T Sugar
2 T Dijon Mustard
1 1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t onion powder
2lb shredded cabbage

What To Do With It:
Combine everything except cabbage and mix well.  Add cabbage and toss to coat.  Allow to sit in refrigerator overnight.  Stir in the morning and taste test.  If if needs more seasonings or vinegar - spice it up! 
Serve with anything...or take the bowl into the living room and bring a fork. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment