Visit us on Hyena Cart

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cast Iron Christmas!

At the suggestion of Mavis over at One Hundred Dollars A Month, I purchased a 5qt dutch oven. 


 My 7qt was a little too large for the bread I'd been baking and I wanted to give the smaller version a try.  For $30, I almost bought 3 of them! :)  

Here she is, ready for her close-up! 
 
I've been collecting my cast iron skillets for about 10 years now.  This dutch oven is, obviously, the most recent.  Wolverine had a few when we met, and some of them were given to me by Super Mom for Christmas quite a few years ago.  Still others I received as hand-me-downs from my MaMaw.  

Here is my cast iron family all snuggled up together - the newbie fit right in!

How blessed I am to be able to cook meals for my beautiful family using the very same skillets that were used to cook meals for my MaMaw, Granny, Super Dad, and everyone around them!  There are days when I am cooking a delicious meal and I am almost overcome with gratitude for the amazing family I have and for the strength of love that flows within it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment