Visit us on Hyena Cart

Sunday, October 7, 2012

For the LOVE of FALL!

Have I mentioned how much I love fall, specifically the month of October? Not only is it the month that my amazing husband and I celebrate our anniversary, it is just such a gorgeous time of year!  Scarves, hoodies, boots, sweaters, and jackets - like this one I grabbed from Zulily yesterday.

But I can't leave out the amazing flavors of autumn.  Last night I whipped up this apple spice cake from Mavis over at One Hundred Dollars a Month.  I used some applesauce I made and canned a few weeks ago and I added about 2 cups of shredded carrots.  I also made a modified version of her cream cheese icing listed with the carrot cake.  It was the best "carrot" cake I've ever had.  We patiently (ok, not so patiently) waited for it to chill completely in the fridge and then that's what we had for dinner.   WOW!  

Today is terribly rainy and chilly outside - but never fear, I see a nice pot of Kale Soup in our future!

Let's hope it dries up a bit soon so I can get my garlic planted! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment