Visit us on Hyena Cart

Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh.....My.....Gosh

So for anyone that has never had Super Mom's Oyster Crackers....my heart bleeds for you. Seriously, they are messy and whoa do they make your breath stink, but I dare you to stop eating them.
I decided that until I can try out and perfect a homemade butter cracker recipe, it was unacceptable to deprive my family of this culinary delight.  In comes the perfectly timed, sized, and amazingly delicious pumpkin seeds.

What's In It:
2 1/2 c pumpkin seeds, cleaned and rinsed
2 T butter, melted
pinch salt
1 1/2 T ranch dressing powder (homemade or Hidden Valley will work)
1/4 t garlic powder (scant)
1 t dill weed
1/4 c oil (scant)

What To Do With It:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.  Toss seeds with melted butter and salt.  Spread onto a large baking sheet in a single layer and bake for about 45-60 minutes.  Stir them about every 10-15.  You want them to start looking tannish, but not brown.  Also, try one to make sure you like the texture.  If it is too chewy for you, pop them back in for a few minutes.  Allow the pumpkin seeds to cool.

Mix ranch dressing, garlic, and dill weed together.  Whisk powders into the oil.  Add your pumpkin seeds and mix.  This is easiest if you use a large lidded container and shake the begesus out of it, but if you want to be boring and use a spoon, that works too. 

Note: I let my pumpkin seeds dry on a towel overnight, not because the recipe calls for it - how could it...I'm making it up haha - but because snuggling up on the couch with my Wolverine was far more important last night after the mini super heroes were off to bed.  




No comments:

Post a Comment