Visit us on Hyena Cart

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Perfect timing!

So, produce guy has been giving me some great stuff lately!  I know beggars can't be choosers, but once I got a taste of that cantaloupe a few weeks back, I'd been dying for some more fruit.  And guess what - this week was the jackpot!!

On Sunday, I picked up all of this beautiful produce
STRAWBERRIES!!!!!!
I'm not sure if you could tell, but I was jumping up and down like a little kid when I saw those berries! :)
Also, look at all those green beans!  I had enough for a crockpot full, a gallon freezer bag, and enough to give to a friend. 
The mushrooms were phenomenal in a salad and I made some more scrumptious pickled jalapenos.  
But what did I do with the strawberries....oh....you'll see.
 

Stop drooling....it's bad for your keyboard!

Monday was another score - not that you could tell from the world's worst cellphone picture.  Don't even get me started on this droid2's camera. ugh. 

Now...you might not be able to tell, but there are three bags of sliced apples there in the top left next to the eggplant! Sliced apples! That's incredible.  It's fate.  Just yesterday morning I was feeling guilty that I was subjecting my poor family to left-over night.  Hey, when you run out of storage containers, you know you have a fridge full and it's time to clean 'em out buddy! Anyway, back to the guilt....so I was thinking that since I picked up 80lbs of pink lady apples the other day, I could spare a few from the endless applesauce and dried apple sweatshop routine I've been running, and we'd have some with some homemade caramel dip for a surprise dessert.  Well, now I don't even have to do any work because the apples are already sliced and everything!  And talk about no work, I made a crazy easy and amazing caramel dip. :)  

I'm so excited to turn that broccoli into some more veggie patties - even Te-Man eats them and that boy has a serious green food-phobia.

You seriously should ask your local grocer for some of their left over produce to feed to your "chickens". Our chickens eat so well, 3 families of "chickens" have been getting more produce than they can eat from just one store!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment