Visit us on Hyena Cart

Monday, October 22, 2012

Spice It Up!

Let's start off the week with something easy - homemade pumpkin pie spice.  I'm not sure about you, but I can't bring myself to pay almost $5 at the store for a spice that I can make with spices I already have in my cabinet.

Pumpkin Pie Spice

What's In it:
2 T ground cinnamon
1 T ground ginger 
1 1/2 t ground nutmeg
1 1/2 t ground allspice
1/4 t ground cloves

What To Do With It:
Combine

Store in an airtight container.


See?! I told ya it was a snap! :)   What do I use it for?  I use this in pumpkin pie pancakes, homemade pumpkin butter, pumpkin muffins, and also pie - just to name a few!

Later...I'll tell you about the very first pumpkin pie that I ever made - and it was just last week! Can't believe I'm 30 and just now made my first pumpkin pie!  Why did I wait so long!? 

No comments:

Post a Comment