Visit us on Hyena Cart

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Baking Powder

Here's a quick recipe for making your own baking powder.  I haven't purchased baking powder in probably 3-4 years.  I know there are a million things in our homes that are filled with contaminants in all forms, and I know that I will never get rid of all of them....but when there is a simple fix like this, I can't pretend it isn't there.  That being said, it is completely up to you, there is absolutely no reason you need to use this instead of baking powder.  :)

Baking Powder

What's In It:
Cream of Tartar
Baking Soda

What To Do With It:
Combine in the following ratio - 2 parts cream of tartar to 1 part baking soda.

Sometimes that means I have to mix more than I need and then measure it out with a measuring spoon.  Other times if the recipe calls for 1 1/2 t baking powder I can use 1/2 t baking soda and 1 t cream of tartar.

Remember when you thought you'd never use ratios and fractions? Math is everywhere! haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment