Visit us on Hyena Cart

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Chai Tea Cookies


Wolverine and Wiley Kat are Chai Tea fanatics!  I saw CupCakes and KaleChips' recipe the other day on their Facebook and I KNEW I would be making them.  What I wasn't sure of is whether or not I'd be able to smuggle any out of the house for Wiley Kat.  ;)

These are so good - just crunchy little morsels with a hint of Tea Tastiness.  YUM!

Thank you Wiley Kat for coming to the rescue with your Tea Stash :)

Chai Tea Cookies

What's In It:
2 c all purpose flour
1/2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
contents of one Chai tea bag*
1/2 c butter, room temp
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla extract


What To Do With It:
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.

Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium to high speed for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.

Add egg and vanilla, mix well.  Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until the dough just comes together.

Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least an hour.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Remove dough from the fridge and roll out to about 1/4" (or a little thicker for a slightly chewier cookie) and cut into desired shapes.  

Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.  

Cool and frost with your favorite frosting.  I made our favorite and mixed in another pouch of instant chai.  

*I used an instant tea package.

I will absolutely be making these again and I will also try using different tea flavors to keep things mixed up!




No comments:

Post a Comment