Visit us on Hyena Cart

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Corn Dog Muffins

I'm not sure if you know or not, but here in the Land of Honey we have some pretty unusual eating rules.  For example, we can't just buy meat from any grocery store - so eating something like a corn dog at a ball park or a fair is out of the question.  Never fear, however, because I know my way around a kitchen well enough to mess up just about anything especially the no bake granola bars and homemade sunflower butter that were a disaster on Monday - ICK!....but there was never any chance of messing up these tasty little corn dog treats!
Everyone LOVES them! I've made them a few times and I'd say this corn bread recipe really makes you think you're eating a corn dog because it has the hint of sweetness that you always find on those treats on a stick! 

Corn Dog Muffins
What's In It:
6 Hot Dogs
For the Muffins:
3/4 c cornmeal, regular or self rising
1 1/4 c all purpose flour
1/2 c sugar
2 t cream of tartar
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/3 c oil
3 t butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 c milk

What To Do With It:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 

In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients.  Make a well in the center and add remaining ingredients.  Stir my hand until just mixed.  The batter will be very runny.

Pour into a lined muffin tin (I greased mine and almost started WWIII trying to get them out) filling about half full.  

Slice hot dogs into 5 pieces each* and place one slice into each muffin tin, pressing down into the batter a bit.  

Bake for 25-35 minutes.  
It's going to depend on your oven and also if you have 2 pans in there at once.  I did and it took me closer to 35 and my oven is what we'll call, temperamental (read that as bat &*%$ crazy) - so just keep an eye on them.  

You can also do these in mini muffin pans, I baked my minis for around 25 minutes, but again, keep an eye on them!

Serve with ketchup and mustard, but mostly we just use our chili ;) 

*Alternatively, you could dice the hotdogs and just mix into the batter.



No comments:

Post a Comment