Visit us on Hyena Cart

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Slow Cooker Chili Lime Beef

I think in the past year, the only time we have eaten tacos with ground beef has been when we actually planned it.  We normally do some kind of slow cooked shredded beef or pork.  We also will do fish or sometimes just beans.

For Lunes Latino this week we did some chili lime beef.  It was so good!  When the family shoves another bite into their mouth so they can't even speak and all they can manage are smiling chipmunk cheek faces with a thumbs up, I think I'd call that a success. :)

Chili Lime Shredded Beef

What's In It:
1 lb stew meat or stir fry meat
1 lime, juiced
1 T chili powder
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder
1 t adobo seasoning*

What To Do With It:
Combine seasonings in a small bowl.

Place meat in the bottom of your slow cooker and pour/squeeze the lime juice over the top. 

Pour seasonings over the top of the meat and mix to combine.  I used my hands, but you can also use a spoon.  

Cook on Low for about 2-3 hours.  My slow cooker runs pretty hot, so I only needed about 2.    

Allow to cool slightly, shred (again I used my fingers, but do what'ch'ya feel), and return to slow cooker and stir to incorporate the juices.

YUM!

*The first ingredient in my adobo seasoning is salt, if you are using a sodium free adobo, add 1/2 t salt to the seasonings.

1 comment: