Visit us on Hyena Cart

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cinnamon Stars

Is there a cookie from your childhood that makes you think of your Grandma?  This is mine.

There were always cookies at Grandma's for Christmas but when you're fighting with 15 other Grandkids plus Aunts and Uncles, there seemingly was never enough.  But you wanna know how good these cookies are?  They were good enough that I would brave the scary dark "under the stairs" shower in the basement, sneak past the weird smelling mealy worms Grandpa used for fishing, and find the holy grail of freezers....that guy was STOCKED with (well mostly fish) but more importantly bags and bags of cookies!!!! 

These cinnamon stars are pretty delicate, so they were always perfectly on top....ripe for the picking! :)  I can't tell you how many I sniped from in there, but let's just say I always got a few cinnamon cookies, even though I'm almost at the bottom of the Grandkid totem pole. :)

You should make these....but look out for sneaky kid fingers swiping a few extra ;)

Cinnamon Stars

What's In It*:
2 eggs
1 c + 2 T sugar
2 T cinnamon
1 t baking powder
1/3 c + 4 1/2 T flour

What To Do With It:
Preheat over to 325 degrees F. 
Beat eggs in mixer.  Add sugar and beat for 10-15 minutes (I always do 12 1/2 min).  Mix in the dry ingredients by hand.

Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.  

Bake 8 min.  

Allow to cool on pan for a minute or two, then transfer to cooling rack. 

My Grandma always put a dollop of simple powdered sugar/milk icing in the center, but I don't think they need it so I don't.  Do what'ch'ya feel. :)

*I love the unique measurements for these cookies.  I can just imagine my Grandma's Grandma in the kitchen working out the recipe...always makes me smile! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment