Visit us on Hyena Cart

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ginger Snaps

I have never in my life made a gingerbread man.  Can you believe that?!  I guess I'm more of a sugar cookie girl and while I like ginger snaps, I only really ever eat one or two.  But that's alright...it leaves more for everyone else. :)

These guys are a thinner cookie with a little crispiness and a little chewiness - just right. :)
Ginger Snaps

What's In It:
3/4 c shortening
1 c sugar
1 egg
1/4 c molasses
2 1/2 c flour 
2 t baking soda
1 t ginger
1 t cloves
1 t cinnamon 
1/2 c sugar (for rolling)

What To Do With It:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
Cream shortening.  Add sugar, egg, and molasses.  Mix well.  Add baking soda and spices.  Add flour and beat until smooth, mixture will be very stiff.
Roll a heaping teaspoon of mixture into a ball and then roll in sugar.  
Place on lined baking sheet.  I do 12 per sheet. 
Bake 10-12 minutes.  

Yields 2-3 dozen

Check out my helpers!
Ze-Ra was a huge help and actually rolled out over half of the cookies! 
Te-Man did his part too - somebody's gotta eat 'em! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment