Visit us on Hyena Cart

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Oh Sandy...you and your casserole....

There is an honorary member of our family that I have never met.  In fact, I'm not sure if anyone in my family has ever met Sandy....but whoever she is, I am sure glad she gave someone in my family this recipe.

We ate this when we were kids and it is definitely one of those comfort foods that brings me back...but even as an adult, every time I eat it, I think........Dang - this is so good! [Usually a little less censored ;) ]

You need to make this...trust me.  I'm going to post the ingredients twice, one for nutballs like me that just refuse to be normal and one for those of you that don't have my sickness... yet ;)

Sandy's Casserole
What's In It Traditional Version:
1 can french style green beans, drained
1 can shoepeg corn, drained
4 oz sour cream
4 oz american or cheddar cheese, cubed
1 small onion, diced
1 can cream of celery soup
1 sleeve ritz crackers
1/2 c melted butter

What's In It Homemade Version:
16 oz home cooked green beans, sliced in half lengthwise
12 oz frozen shoepeg corn
2/3 c sour cream
4 oz american or cheddar cheese
1 sm onion, chopped
1/3 Honey Bee Hive's Cream of Celery Soup Recipe
1/2 Ritz Cracker Recipe
1/2 c melted butter

What To Do With It:


Mix all of the above ingredients except butter and crackers.  Spread into a 9x13 baking dish. 

Crush crackers (I use a bag and a rolling pin) and mix with butter.  Sprinkle over the top of the soup mixture.

Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes until crackers are golden and casserole is bubbling.    

No comments:

Post a Comment