Visit us on Hyena Cart

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Taco Sauce

Raise your hand if you are a taco sauce fanatic!  I had my hand up first ;)  I think the only person I know that likes taco sauce more than me is SuperMan and I'm pretty sure the only reason I like it so much is because I wanted to be exactly like him growing up. :)
So, the plan here was to make an Ortega substitute.  That did not work.  But, it is a pretty tasty little taco sauce and I'd even say it would be delicious as an enchilada sauce!

We ate it on our quesadillas for dinner on Monday and it was grrrrrreat!  Don't forget you'll need some jalapenos with your taco sauce - the taco sauce has some heat, but that pickled taste just really adds something! :)

Taco Sauce

What's In It:
15oz can tomato sauce
1/4 c + 1 T water
2 T white vinegar
1/2 t sugar
1/2 t chili powder

1/2 t paprika
1/2 t cayenne pepper
1/2 t lemon pepper seasoning

1 t cumin
1 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder

What To Do With It:
Combine all ingredients and store in the fridge.

Whoa - those direction are tricky....you should re-read them to make sure you got it ;)  Just kidding, but it doesn't get much easier than that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment