Visit us on Hyena Cart

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Secret Enchiladas

Shhhh....the Z-Squad didn't know they were eating cottage cheese!   All I heard was mmmm's and yummm's. >>Insert evil laugh here<<

These were probably the best enchiladas I have ever made.  I am a work in progress when it comes to preparing Latino foods....I LOVE them, but just can't seem to figure out what all of my food is missing. It certainly isn't heart, I can tell you that! :)

We ate these for dinner and then lunch for 2 days in a row.  I then must admit, I was disappointed when they were gone, so I guess I'm improving! :)
I would like to sincerely apologize for this terrible picture.  I got so excited about eating and forgot to take a picture of the beautiful baked goodness.  Guess that just means I'll have to make them again so I can take another picture and update this post...man life is rough. haha :) 


Secret Enchiladas
What's In It:
Filling:
1/2 recipe Mexican Beans, unblended
3 small ears of corn, cooked and kernals removed from cobb or about 1 c
1/2 lrg onion
1/2 t garlic powder
1 t chili powder
1 1/2 c cottage cheese
large handful chopped cilantro

tortillas
14oz canned tomatoes
1 c tomatillo salsa - we used homemade, but just use your favorite
1/2 of a 9oz jar Mole Sauce
1 c chicken broth

What To Do With It:
Combine all filling ingredients.  Fill and wrap tortillas.  You can use whatever size you like and stuff them as full as you like.  I used 10 large burrito tortillas and then wrapped them burrito style so I didn't loose any goodies in the pan. :)  
Lay into the pan nice and snug.  I filled an 8x11 baking dish and then also a 7x7 dish.  
This worked out perfectly because I wanted to try this new Mole Sauce I'd purchased over the summer but wasn't confident I wanted it on all of the enchiladas. :) 

Large Pan Sauce:
Mix tomatoes with tomatillo salsa and pour over tortillas.

Small Pan Sauce:
Mix mole sauce and chicken broth together and pour over tortillas.

Top both pans with shredded cheese.  

Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.  

I LOVED that we did the two kinds of sauces. The Mole sauce was SO good, but I loved having the tomato/tomatillo sauce to cut the intense flavor.

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment