Visit us on Hyena Cart

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Lemon Surprise Crackles

Surprise crackles have always been a huge favorite for Super Man and me.  We don't always have the same taste when it comes to cookies, but these cookies are common ground...and that means you better snag some for yourself or you're outta luck. :)

Well, this year with the chocolate pomegranate cookies being added to the mix along with the traditional chocolate chip, buckeye balls, chocolate covered pretzels, peanut clusters, chocolate mints, etc etc etc....I thought I'd mix it up a bit and try some Lemon Surprise Crackles.  You already know that I'm a lemon junky...but these are SO GOOD!  I can't believe I have never made them before....yummmpppphhhh....oops, I got crumbs on my keyboard. :)

Make these!
Lemon Surprise Crackles

What's In It:
1/2 c butter, softened
1 c sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1 egg
1 T lemon zest
2 T lemon juice
1/4 t salt
1/4 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 c powdered sugar (for rolling)

What To Do With It:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice.  Add all dry ingredients and mix until just combined.  Chill dough for at least 2 hours.  

Pour powdered sugar into a bowl.  Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on lined baking sheet, repeat.  I only bake 12 at a time to make sure the cookies don't run into each other.  

Bake 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cracked on top and the edges just start to brown.

Allow to cool on sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Yields 2-3 dozen   

No comments:

Post a Comment