Visit us on Hyena Cart

Friday, January 25, 2013

Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake

I am a Sucker (with a capital S) for those $1 bags of bananas at the grocery store.  And really...they are awesome.  We go through bananas like nobody's business, but why do I buy so many! :)  I was in need of a way to use up those bad boys and I just wasn't feeling banana bread or banana pudding and I already have a ton in my freezer for smoothies....so....Banana CAKE! 
Wolverine, Ze-Ra, and Te-Man just couldn't get enough.  It was gooey and sweet and just really different than any cake I've ever had.  

Needing to mix it up this weekend?  Need the perfect cake to go with your Pina Colada on Saturday?  This is it!  I think we should all mix up some umbrella drinks, grab our suits, and head out to the pool (and pretend we aren't getting freezing rain and ice today).  Who's with me?! 


Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake
Original Recipe Here
What's In It:
1 yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/4 c oil
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c water
6 bananas, sliced 1/4" thick
1 1/2 c shredded coconut
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter
2 T lemon Juice

What To Do With It:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 2 8" round cake pans.

Beat together cake mix, eggs, oil, sour cream, and water until smooth.

In a small sauce pan over low heat, melt butter.  Add brown sugar and lemon juice.  Heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.  Pour into baking dishes.

Place bananas in a single layer on top of the brown sugar mixture.

Sprinkle with coconut.

Pour batter into pans.

Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Allow to rest for about 5 minutes before inverting.

No comments:

Post a Comment