Visit us on Hyena Cart

Friday, January 18, 2013

Tuna Quesadillas

Sometimes I feel like I have too much going on in my life....and then I stop and think that it is 100% self inflicted.  Why do I do that? It's a sickness I think.  I remember before I quit my job, I'd spend my entire day trying to figure out how to do everything in the most efficient way possible....and would I do that so that I could move at a more leisurely pace and still accomplish more than my coworkers?  Nope.  I'd do it so I could take on more responsibility and then figure out how to do even more.

Apparently quitting my job didn't make me quit the driven achiever within.

But sometimes....she needs a break.  So how about today we talk about easy meals, that really take almost no prep and are fantastically delicious?  Sounds like a plan to me.

These reminded me of the Tuna Casserole that Super Mom used to make when I was kid, but with a twist.  That stuff, is like heaven for me.  I don't know that I've ever made it, but it's for sure on my list.  :)

I got the creamy cheesy goodness from the quesadilla, a little crunch from the onions, peppers, and cabbage, and a little kick from the hot sauce.  Nice

Tuna Quesadillas
What's In It:
4oz cooked tuna, shredded
3/4 c shredded cheese
1/4 c finely diced onion
1/4 c finely diced pepper (bell, sweet, or spicy)
8 Tortillas, Fajita size
Shredded Cabbage
Hot Sauce

What To Do With It:
Heat skillet or griddle over medium high heat (you know your skillet and grease as necessary).  Divide ingredients (except hot sauce and cabbage) among 4 of the tortillas.  Top with remaining tortillas.  Place tortillas in skillet (in batches if necessary) and cook until toasted on the bottom (3-4 minutes).  Flip and toast on the other side (3-4 minutes).
Using a pizza cutter, cut into desired slices.  Serve with shredded cabbage and hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment