Visit us on Hyena Cart

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Chili Citrus Chicken

AKA the best chicken ever!
SuperMan even said it is "Ham Salad Good" and if you know SuperMan you know his love affair with Ham Salad, so that is a major compliment coming from him!

I would absolutely, hands down, eat this once a week.  In fact, when I make it, I end up eating it for every meal until it is gone....it is that good!  I wish I could invite each of you over for dinner so you can have some.
Also, as a super bonus, the Organic Market near us that sells local meat was having a huge sale on their chicken.  Apparently they had purchased more than normal anticipating larger demand during the holiday season....well, to my amazing luck, they did not sell nearly as much as they'd planned and I got about 15lb of chicken, locally raised, happy, healthy, delicious chicken, for only $30?!?!?!?

We have had this in soft tacos, as burritos, as a rice bowl, on a sandwich, cold out of the fridge, etc ;)  It's really awesome with this Mexican Rice.  Give it a shot and let me know what you think!

Chili Citrus Chicken
Original Recipe Here
What's In It:
2-3lb Chicken (I use leg quarters and breasts)
1/4 c chili powder
1/2 T salt
1 T garlic powder
1 T onion powder
1/2 T cumin
1/2 T smoked paprika
1/2 t chipotle powder or mesquite seasoning
2 T lime or lemon juice, or get froggy and do a combo
1/2 - 2/3 c oil of choice (veg, olive, coconut, etc)

What To Do With It:
Combine everything except the chicken.  Whisk until smooth.  Coat chicken with spice mixture (I put my chicken in a plastic container and then toss to coat).  Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, I try to go for 5.

Remove from fridge at least 30 minutes before baking.

Arrange chicken in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.

Bake 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees F or until chicken is done.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great and easy recipe for chicken! Thanks for sharing this at Global Food Friday and I cannot believe that I have been to your site and seen some of your lovely recipes and and have never joined your site yet. I am correcting this today and I am your newest follower! Hope you can check us out too at www.manilaspoon.com. Thanks again, Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Abby! I have definitely checked you guys out and LOVE your site! Thank you for all of the amazing recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete