Visit us on Hyena Cart

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Zucchini Bread

This has been one of my favorites since I was a wee one.  I have never found another Zucchini bread that tastes even close.  If you use butter (what else would you use, right?) to grease your loaf pans, the edges get a delectable crispiness to them....and I will fight you for that end piece. ;)
If you're feeling really frisky, try it warm with a layer of luscious butter - and if you aren't too busy getting yourself a second slice, you'll thank me. :)
Do you think the fact that the zucchini was free makes it taste better?  I might have to eat an extra slice just to be sure. ;)

Zucchini Bread
What's In It:
3 eggs
1 c brown sugar*
1 c oil
1 t vanilla
2 c grated zucchini with skins
2 c flour
1 T cinnamon
2 t baking soda
1/4 t cream of tartar
1 c nuts, chopped (optional)

What To Do With It:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Beat eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla until thick.  Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.

Pour evenly into 2 greased loaf pans and bake 45 min - 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out, and cool on a wire rack.

*The original recipe calls for 2 c white sugar, but in an attempt to reduce the sugar, I go with 1 c brown sugar.  To be honest, you really can't tell the difference and I figure an entire cup less is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment