Visit us on Hyena Cart

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Reclaimed Produce Week #1 2013

Being able to reduce our grocery bill by half has been an amazing accomplishment for us and we couldn't have done it without Mavis over at One Hundred Dollars a Month and her reclaimed produce!  Thank you MAVIS!!!

I thought that this year I'd do a weekly post about all the goodies I'm getting for my "chickens".  It astounds me every trip, even if all I get it a few heads of lettuce and cucumber, it's FREE!

I know a lot of people have tried asking their local grocery stores and have been told that it is against policy to give out produce.  In my opinion, if the worst that can happen is that they say no, then why not ask every grocery store you can find because maybe one will say yes!!!  

Check out these hauls!

 Tuesday 1/1

Thursday 1/3

Has anyone had any luck getting reclaimed produce for themselves? 

No comments:

Post a Comment