Visit us on Hyena Cart

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Homemade Hot Sauce

I am on a quest to find a hot sauce or a taco sauce that I LOVE!  This one is fantastic!  It's so good, I eat it like a salsa with chips!  I also eat it on eggs, tacos, quesadillas, chili, etc, etc, etc. :)

I love eating it warm fresh from the stove but it 's even better once it has sat in the fridge for a day or so.  Enjoy!


Homemade Hot Sauce

What's In It:
1/2 c sliced pickled jalapenos
1 jar pickled banana peppers (mild or hot)
1/2 large onion
1/2 t garlic powder or 1 head roasted garlic
3 8oz cans tomato sauce
2 8oz cans water

What To Do With It:
Blend all ingredients except the water in a blender.  Pour into a large pot, add water, and boil for 30 minutes.  Cool and store in the refrigerator.

*If you'd rather use fresh peppers, you can use 4 small or 3 large jalapenos and 11 banana peppers.  If using fresh peppers, take 2 T of water out and add 2 T vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment