Visit us on Hyena Cart

Friday, January 11, 2013

Garam Masala Slow Cooker Chicken

I have only made Indian food one other time and let's just say it wasn't amazing, but it was good enough to encourage me to try again. :)
This recipe was SO EASY and made my house smell incredible!  I will definitely be making it again :) 

The yogurt is completely optional, but it makes the sauce so nice and creamy.  If you want to lighten it up, you could leave it out and it would still be amazing! 
Garam Masala Slow Cooker Chicken

What's In It:
2 lb chicken*
12 oz diced tomatoes, drained well
1/2 lrg onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t ginger
1/4-1/2 t cayenne pepper
1 bay leaf
1/2-3/4 c chopped cilantro leaves**
1 c Greek yogurt (Optional)

What To Do With It:
Mix all ingredients except yogurt and cilantro.  Place in slow cooker and cook on low 6 hours.  Remove bay leaf, add yogurt and cilantro, test for seasonings and adjust if necessary.   

We served this with Roasted Carrots and Broccoli and Rice.  We spooned the sauce over the rice and it was phenomenal.

*I used skinned chicken leg quarters, I think next time I'll use boneless just because the chicken falls apart when you serve it. What a problem to have, right? ;) 

**I apparently lost my head when I was making this and just used a huge handful...I am still not used to measuring everything!  I'll get there, I promise.  Thank you for your patience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment