Visit us on Hyena Cart

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Unbelieveable Cheese Cake

Have you ever made something and been literally speechless about how fantastic it was?  It sure doesn't happen to me often, in fact, I think this is the only time.  I made this cheesecake for Wolverine's birthday last year and WHOA!

I'm not a big cheesecake fan, they all taste just blah to me.  Either the texture is wrong, or the flavor is off, or it's got some horrifying mixture of fruit and chocolate....but Wolverine - cheesecake is his favorite.  And I want my man to be happy - so I searched high and low for the perfect cheesecake recipe to mess up make for his birthday.

I have never, never, been so impressed with myself.  I literally sat there the entire time I was eating my slice just waiting for it to suddenly be terrible.  I mean, cheesecake isn't...good.  Is it?

Then I made it again....I even made it by halving the recipe and making it in a 7x7 ceramic baking dish....and it was still phenomenal!!!  WHAT?!

So now it's my turn for a birthday, and I can't find the bottom to my springform pan!!!!...the last time I saw it was in a hotel just before a 3 week camping trip this past June...and we've moved since then.  I can't find it in the camper and it's not in my cabinets.  So...I used 2 loaf pans.  hahaha.

Whatever, I don't need my food to look pretty - especially when it tastes so good! 



Unbelievable Cheesecake
What's In It:
15 Graham Crackers or 1/2 Recipe Homemade Graham Crackers, crushed 
6 T butter
2 T sugar

4 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 1/2 c sugar
3/4 c milk*
4 eggs
1 c sour cream or greek yogurt
1 T vanilla
1/4 c all purpose flour

What To Do With It:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
Mix crushed graham crackers, butter, and 2 T sugar.  Press into the bottom of a greased springform pan.
Beat cream cheese and sugar just until smooth.  Using a spoon or a spatula, blend in milk, then add eggs one at a time - mixing just until incorporated.
Mix in sour cream, vanilla, and flour.  
Pour filling onto prepared crust. 
Bake for 1 hour, turn oven off.
Leave oven door closed and allow to rest for 5-6 hours.  
Chill.  

*I wanted some lemony goodness for my birthday so I only used 2/3 c milk and filled the measuring cup to 3/4 with lemon juice.  I also added the zest from 2 Meyer lemons....and YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment