Visit us on Hyena Cart

Monday, January 21, 2013

Overnight Steel Cut Oats

Do you like eating oatmeal?  I do, too.  Do you like feeding your family a more nutritious option than quick oats?  I do, too.   Do you like spending 45 minutes cooking steel cut oats for your family in the morning?  I don't, either.  What to do....What to do....

Here's the answer! Overnight Steel Cut Oats.  Start to finish, including clean up, I'm done in less than 15 minutes.  Say what?!  15 minutes....that's fantastic!

Overnight Steel Cut Oats
What's In It:
1 c steel cut oats
4 c water
pinch salt

What To Do With It:
Bring all ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat (can use high heat if you're willing to commit to stirring it pretty frequently).  Boil for 3 minutes.  Remove from heat.  Cover and allow to sit on counter overnight, then refrigerate.  When you're ready to eat, heat through, add your favorite oatmeal toppings, and serve.   

TA DA!

I normally transfer the oatmeal to a storage container and wash my pan right away that night.  I can then, in the morning, scoop out what I need and put the rest straight into the fridge.  I often make a double batch and it will be good in the fridge for a week, maybe longer....just doesn't last around here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment