Visit us on Hyena Cart

Friday, January 18, 2013

Roasted Green Beans

Let's keep our simple foods day going with some super easy roasted green beans.

We get a LOT of green beans in our reclaimed food boxes - which is awesome!  But I sometimes look for different ways to use them...I thought about roasting them just like I do these beautiful Carrot Coins.  I'm so glad I did!

Roasted Green Beans
What's In It:
20 oz Green Beans, frozen and thawed or fresh*
2 T Olive Oil
1 t Garlic Salt 
1 t pepper

What To Do With It:
Toss green beans in olive oil and spread onto a lined cookie sheet.  Sprinkle with seasonings.  Bake at 400 degrees F for about 30 minutes, stirring half way through.  Once you get to 30 minutes, watch carefully for desired donenes.  I wanted them to be a little "charred" in places and it took me about 10 more minutes.

Please note....Te-Man does not like green beans.  They are in fact the only food he has ever spit back up - but he was eating these like hot cakes! I could barely get them on his tray as fast he was eating them!  Wolverine said maybe we should take him in and have him checked out.  haha. :)

*You could try this with canned, but I haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment