Visit us on Hyena Cart

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Mexican Rice

Do you have an item that when you go out to eat, you know you are going to be pawning it off on someone else?
Anytime I order a dish that come with Beans and Rice, I always know that I'm not going to want the rice - I mean I want to want the rice, but I'm just always disappointed.  So then the quandary becomes, order double beans and get weird looks or order it normally and give my rice to Wolverine.

Well, Wolverine can have my rice no longer! I want it....all....for...myself!

I want to give a special thanks to Hit Girl for really helping me out with this recipe.  She's such a sweetie... I texted her (while she was at work!) in a panic because our internet apparently was on a 5 hour strike and we only get spotty 4G at the house, so I was a girl in need of some rice to go with some CHILI CITRUS CHICKEN and no internet?!?!  Well, Hit Girl to the rescue...I sent her over to Hispanic Kitchen's* website and asked her to just send me the recipe that looked the best.  She did even better than that and browsed around and gave me the general components of about 5 different recipes and from there, I created this delicious rice dish! YUM!
Mexican Rice
What's In It:
2 T oil
1 1/2 c rice (I use brown basmati)
2 1/2 c broth
1 c onion, diced
1/2 c mild banana peppers, diced
14oz canned tomatoes
1 c corn
1 T chili powder
2 heads roasted garlic
1/2 t salt
1/2 c cilantro

What To Do With It:
Saute rice in oil 3-4 minutes or until it starts to look toasted.  Add onions and peppers and cook 2-3 more minutes.  Add remaining ingredients.  From here, cook according to your rice directions.

*Go check out Hispanic Kitchen...everything I have made from their site is to die for.  Let me know if you make anything that I need to add to my ever growing recipe box! Good thing Wolverine got me a HUGE one for Christmas...'cause I'm fillin' 'er up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment