Visit us on Hyena Cart

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins

This muffin is, without a doubt, the best muffin I make.  I feel kinda speechless about it.....well, almost.  Just know that whatever I say, I will not be doing this muffin the justice it deserves.  

It is just as delicious and moist as it is different and unexpected.  I have been making these muffins for probably 15 years....I wish that made me feel accomplished in the kitchen, but really it just makes me feel ancient.  Haha.

If you only make one recipe from this silly little blog, make it this one.  Seriously, please do me a favor and make these - then share them with someone....you'll all be happy you did! :)   

Pumpkin Butterscotch Muffins
What's In It:
4 eggs
2 c sugar
16 oz pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
1 1/2 c vegetable oil
3 c flour
2 t baking soda
2 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
1 t salt
12oz butterscotch chips

What To Do With It:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil.
Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
Slowly add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture.  Mix well.
Fold in butterscotch chips.
Pour into lined muffin tins and fill 1/2 - 3/4 full.
Bake 16-20 minutes.  Cool in pan 10 minutes then cool on wire racks.

This makes quite a few muffins.  I get 30 regular size muffins and 24 mini muffins out of just one batch. 

These also get really soft and kinda weird if you keep them in a closed container.  I find the best way to keep them is with the lid kinda kicked to the side just a bit.  And really, they are so good, you're going to eat them all and won't need to worry about storage....so hopefully you followed my advice to give some away, that way you only eat half of a batch. ;)     

3 comments:

  1. These sound divine, I am very keen to make a batch myself. I have to, right?

    Thank you again for sharing these on my page Melissa. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peggy - Yes...I think you must! :)

      Thank you for having the party! I LOVE all the good recipes I rounded up. :)

      If you make the, please let me know what you think. :)

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! Thanks for dropping them by the Favorite Things Party!

    ReplyDelete