Visit us on Hyena Cart

Monday, January 14, 2013

Broccoli Patties

Wanna know how I get Te-Man to eat broccoli?  It wasn't easy, that boy has an extreme aversion to green foods (except peas)....but he can't get enough of these little bad boys!

He's not the only one that can't get enough....  I usually make a double batch of these and try to keep them in the freezer...not many make it in there though....no matter how many I cook up - they always all disappear!

I hope you give these a shot - they are super easy and so worth it!
Broccoli Patties
What's In It:
1 large potato, cubed
1 c broccoli
1/2 c shredded cheese
1/2 t salt
1 egg
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t onion powder
1/4 t poultry seasoning
1/2 t pepper
3 T bread crumbs*

1/2 c bread crumbs*
3-4 T oil

What To Do With It:
Steam the potatoes and broccoli until tender, cool slightly.  Mix with cheese, egg, seasonings, and 3 T of crumbs.  Roll approximately 2 T of mixture into a ball shape, repeat until all mixture is used. Roll the balls in the remaining crumbs and slightly flatten into a patty shape.

At this point, you can freeze them on a cookie sheet and then save them until ready to be used.  

When ready to use, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Pan fry 3-4 minutes on each side until golden.

*You can be very creative with your bread crumbs.  I almost never have any in the house and if I do, never enough...so I'll crush up some crackers or some chips and go from there.



1 comment:

  1. I have also used instant mashed potatoes when out of bread crumbs. they are terrific!

    ReplyDelete