Visit us on Hyena Cart

Friday, November 9, 2012

Te-Man Chose Carrots over Crackers!

Say WHAT?!  That boy is the biggest carboholic I have ever seen.  Seriously, he would live off of bread and fruit with the occasional egg thrown in there.   I worry about it constantly.  So, I endlessly brainstrorm and search for new ways to get him to eat vegetables, meat, milk, and just to get him to drink enough water during the day.

Yesterday morning I made him a smoothie with milk, kale, pineapple, and frozen berries.  He drank way more of it than I thought he was going to.  YAY!

But the real success came later in the day when I made these carrot coins  from Weelicious.  He actually chose them instead of a cracker and they were in the same container!!!  I must agree, they are quite tasty and will be seen in the Land of Honey's kitchen very soon.

Carrot Coins
What's In It:
2 c sliced carrots (4-6 carrots)
1/4 t paprika
1/4 t salt
1 t oil

What To Do With It:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Slice the carrots about 1/4-1/2" thick.  I went closer to the 1/2" size.  Toss the carrots with the oil and spices.  Spread on a baking sheet.  Bake for 30 min.  Mine only took 15 or so, so keep an eye on them!

Watch them disappear....it's magic!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear he liked the carrots. They look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete