Visit us on Hyena Cart

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Graham Crackers

These tasty little treats have been gracing the plates and faces of the Z-Squad for about 6 months now.

They are so easy! I made a double batch today and was done (including clean up) in less than 30 minutes.  Can't beat that!

Bonus: I decided to test out a new twist on these today....why not replace a little of the flour with some cocoa powder?  The question should have been - why did I not think of this until now?! Oh. My. Goodness.  These are just begging for a batch of cream cheese icing to be dripping off their edges and into my tummy. ;)
 Graham Crackers
What's In It:
2 c flour
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 c butter, melted
1/2 c honey

What To Do With It:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Mix all ingredients together.  Pat into the bottom of a cookie sheet, make sure the dough is touching the edges of the sheet.  My sheets are 11" by 17".  I know it seems like it isn't going to cover the entire bottom, but it is.  Just keep working it.
Score the crackers into the shape/size you want.  Poke holes in the crackers with a fork.  You could also use a toothpick and get creative with the holes! 

Bake 8-10 min until the edges just start to brown.  
Immediately cut the crackers using the score marks as guidelines and transfer to cooling racks.  I have found that if I set my racks in a cookie sheet as a liner, I have less cracker crumb nuclear bomb fall out.  

Chocolate Variation
1 3/4 c flour
1/4 c cocoa powder

Everything else is the same.  I did sprinkle the tops of my chocolate crackers with sugar, but only because I use dark chocolate cocoa powder and I was worried it might need a little extra sweetness.  I'm glad I did. 

Also, you might want to bake a batch of the regular first so you can tell how long you'll need to bake them because you won't be able to see the edges browning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment