Visit us on Hyena Cart

Monday, November 26, 2012

Pumpkin Seeds are Harvested!

Today, I really needed to get the pumpkin seeds out of the pumpkins that were in my front yard.  Why, you ask?  Well, we have our Christmas tree up and I wanted to put garland up on the front porch and Ze-Ra is going to help me make a wreath in the next few days...so that'd just be weird with fall decorations in the yard. :)  Also, it has been starting to get awfully close to a hard freeze here at night and I didn't want to risk losing the seeds.

Well....let's say I really practiced my procrastination skills today.
Graham Crackers, Ritz Crackers, Bread, Mexican Beans, Enchiladas, Overnight Steel Cut Oats, 2 laps around the neighborhood with my Te-Man, a documentary on the Alligator Kingdom, fertilized the garden, 2 loads of laundry,
I am currently roasting the last jarrahdale....

And then....what's a girl to do, but finally give in and take care of the pumpkins. :)  Te-Man helped and we had a pretty good time of it. Well, he was "helping" me by running off with my pumpkins. :)

Here are all the seeds on my counter prior to being washed and laid out to dry.  All in all, with the seeds I've already harvested and prepped for next year, I'll have 13 kinds of pumpkins and squash next year!
  I guess I'd better go get started on slicing up those beets for the beet chips. They aren't going to make themselves! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment