Visit us on Hyena Cart

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Hamburger Stroganoff

Ah....the delicious memories of my childhood.  I used to LOVE when Super Mom would make this.  I even remember going to the bakery thrift store and she'd always get these little rolls to go with it....she'd brush them with butter and a little garlic salt....heaven.

I haven't made this in probably 10 years (see the soup situation) and now I am happy to say (in my best Bruce from Finding Nemo voice) - Stroganoff is back on the menu boys! :)

Hamburger Stroganoff
What's In It:
1 lb hamburger
1/2 lrg onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, finely diced
2-3 cans cream of mushroom soup or 1/2 of my mushroom soup recipe
1 1/2 c sour cream
Salt and Pepper
12oz prepared pasta (egg noodles are the most common, but I found a vegetable pasta that I wanted to give a whirl)

What To Do With It:
Brown hamburger in a large pot.  When hamburger is almost browned, add onions.  Continue cooking until almost transluscent.  Add garlic - stir frequently and be sure not to burn the garlic.  Add in the mushroom soup and bring to a simmer.  Stir in the sour cream and heat through.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Stir in or serve over prepared pasta.  

Serve with a crusty bread such as some amazing Beer Bread and a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment