Visit us on Hyena Cart

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Quinoa For Breakfast

I know....I know....Quinoa is everywhere.  It annoys me.  But it is so tasty.  This is our favorite quinoa recipe but I thought I'd give it a try for breakfast.

It was delicious!  Quite a refreshing change from the steel cut oats that are our other hot cereal option.
Breakfast Quinoa
What's In It:
1 c dry quinoa
1 1/2 c water
1 t cinnamon
2 t vanilla
1/2 c applesauce
1/4 c dried fruit (raisins, cherries, cranberries, etc)
1 c warm milk
1 apple, peeled and diced
1/4 chopped nuts

What To To With It:
Rinse and drain quinoa.

Combine quinoa, water, cinnamon, and vanilla.  Bring mixture to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.

Stir in milk and applesauce.  
Divide into serving dishes and sprinkle with dried fruit and nuts. 
Serve with honey, syrup, brown sugar, etc to sweeten as desired
YUM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment