Visit us on Hyena Cart

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Not a bad haul for $3

Tuesday was reclaimed produce day here.  I stopped by to see Produce guy and I was secretly hoping there wasn't any cantelope in this box.  I know that I can't be picky with free food, but we have 4 gallon size bags of frozen cantelope already - good thing Ze-Ra and Te-Man like them in breakfast smoothies. :)

While I was waiting for the produce to be packed up, I was browsing the discount produce rack.  I wasn't sure what was going to be in the box, but I couldn't pass up all of this for $3!!
4lbs of organic fingerling potatoes, 2lb fuji apples, and 3lb bananas (can you say banana bread baby!!)

The $3 deal had already made the trip worthwhile, but I was even more pumped when I unpacked the box!
Heck YES!!!  Enough brussel sprouts that we won't be fighting over them ;)  And look at that cauliflower - Ze-Ra and I LOVE roasted cauliflower.  And look at all that cabbage...you know about my coleslaw addiction. :)

I LOVE FREE FOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment